Thursday 8 March 2012

Chapter 17

It was an ordinary Monday morning, I woke up a little too late and got dressed. I rushed downstairs and grabbed a muesli bar, my bag and my house keys and ran out of the house, to the bus stop. But today, there was an unfamiliar girl standing alone, with what looked to be her brother. She looked beautiful in her Harry Potter t-shirt, black skinny jeans and white vans. I wanted to talk to her, but I didn't have the courage. Instead, I just waited for Anthony to get on the bus. But he didn't come and I was sitting on the bus, alone. I just waited by listening to some music, but that girl at the bus stop came and sat next to me.
"Hi, are you new here?" I asked. God, I didn't sound like a complete idiot!
"Uh, yeah. I moved here from Perth." She smiled and brushed some hair behind her ear.
"Cool! Australian, huh?" I smiled my best smile.
"Yeah, my dad just got a new job over here." she smiled back. She had a beautiful smile.
"Cool, when did you get here?" I asked.
"Just last night, actually."
"God, you must be jet lagged! Aren't you like, 25 hours ahead?"
"Yeah, but I slept it all out last night. I'm pretty good with jet lag." she smiled.
"Oh, that's good. It seems like my friend's not coming today, so I'll be a complete loner. Do you wanna have lunch with me?" I asked, in fear of getting rejected.
"Sure! I'm pretty scared of starting this school, because I've gone to catholic schools all my life." She blushed.
"Well that's a change, isn't it!" I laughed.
"Yeah, we had to do religion classes and go to mass every fortnight." She giggled.
"God, that must be terrible!" I laughed.*
"Yes, it is!"
"Yeah, it'll be a lot different here." I smiled and the bus stopped.
"Okay, see you later! I have to go to administration with my brother."
"Wait, I didn't get your name!" I signaled her to come back.
"Oh, it's Charlotte."
"Ian." I waved and went to my homeroom.**

Ahh, the memories. I stroked her hair and closed my eyes. She woke up and rolled over to face me. I checked to see if Emily was watching and she was asleep. I bent down and kissed Charlotte on the forehead. She sat up and kissed me back.
"Let's sleep on the mattress. I'm really tired!" I smiled and we slowly lay down. I fell asleep in an instant.

*not to insult anyone's religion, I've always grown up going to catholic private schools and they're not bad, just saying;)
** I'm planning on doing a prequel of this once I'm done with this one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment