Thursday 26 January 2012

Smosh Fanfiction Chapter 6: Vegemite

The next morning, I woke up to Candi barking at eight o'clock. I went into the laundry where she slept and sat with her for a few minutes and gave her some treats. When I sat down to my laptop, I heard a crash coming from the laundry. I raced back in there to find Candi on top of a box, eating treats that were sitting on the cupboard. She wasn't harmed, but I moved the box straight away and let her out. Ian raced in as well.
"She tried to jump on the box and eat some treats ." I laughed.
"God, we'll have to dog proof this laundry." Ian grinned.
I went to the kitchen and went on twitter. At that moment, I heard a knock on the door. I went to answer it and the postman was standing there, holding a small package.
"Your name Charlotte?" He asked.
"Yep!" I replied. The postman handed me the package.
"Thanks!" I said cheerfully.
I went inside to open the package. It was from my Nan! I suddenly got a lot more excited. I opened it and it was a jar of Vegemite. I heard Ian coming into the kitchen. "Hey Ian! Guess what my Nan sent me!" I hid the jar behind my back.
"What?" Ian yawned.
"Vegemite!" I laughed.
"God! How can you Australians love that stuff?" Ian pretended to throw up. When I found out that Ian tried to make a Vegemite sandwich on Ian is Bored, I had to teach him to use butter and spread the tiniest little bit. He still failed to do that, and now it's his enemy for life.
"Why don't I make you some Vegemite toast?" I giggled.
"What do you think I'd say in this situation?" Ian grinned.
"Please?" I gave him my puppy dog face.
"Oh alright, but only because you used your puppy face!" Ian grinned. I made him some toast, spread some butter on it, and spread a tiny bit of Vegemite on it.
"Ere you go mate!"I put on a stereotypical Aussie accent.
"Thank you, mate!" Ian did a really bad Aussie accent. He took a bite and surprisingly, he seemed to like it.
"It, how you say, gives it a saltiness." Ian changed his accent to French. I laughed.
"You know, my brother eats eggs on Vegemite toast, it's okay, but I don't love it. It's really healthy!" I smiled, knowing I was going to get a reaction.
"Well, it could be nice, if you cut off your tongue!" Ian laughed.
"Hey, you'll be having a lot of it in a couple weeks time!" I pointed out. "I'm gonna make myself some!" I grinned. Ian made a throwing up noise. Anthony came down the stairs and found me making Vegemite toast.
"Ew! Why are you spreading crap on bread?" Anthony joked.
"It's Vegemite!" I spread some 'crap' on his face.
"Ew! It's disgusting!" Anthony screeched, reaching for a sponge.
"Ha Ha! You've got crap on your face!" Ian teased.
"Hey, speaking about Australia, have you told my Nan?" I asked.
"No, I thought you should call her and surprise her!" Ian answered. It was 9AM in California so it was 10AM the next day in Perth. I walked into my room, found my phone and dialed the number.

"Hi Nan!"
"Oh, Charlotte! How are you?"
"I'm good! Guess what Ian bought me for Christmas?"
"What?"
"Two tickets to Perth for ten days!"
"Oh my God! When are you coming?"
"January 8th. Grace is coming over too!"
"Oh my God! I should clean up a bit then!"
"Don't worry, we'll be staying in a hotel."
"Oh, and I bought Ian a daschund. We named her Candi."
"That's nice! Are you bringing her over?"
"Oh, maybe not. The flight is a bit too long. Anthony and Mari are looking after her though."
"Okay, I'll see you then! I'm seeing your mum tomorrow, so I'll tell her then."
"Sounds like a plan!"
"Bye!"
"See ya!" I hung up the phone. It was so nice to speak to my Nan.

"How did she react?" Anthony stood in the doorframe.
"She was really surprised!"
"Cool! By the way, do you want Mari and I to look after Candi?" Anthony asked.
"Yeah that would be good! We're going to get dog food and stuff today, so we should get some extra." I replied.
"Cool! I'm going to have a shower so I'll be ready in a bit." He yawned and walked towards the bathroom and almost tripped over Candi. I found my way into the lounge room and started playing minecraft on my laptop like any normal person would do on a Monday morning. "Die creeper, die!" I heard myself Shit. I'm talking to myself again. I should stop now.

1 comment:

  1. ahahaha, i tried Vegemite (or maybe it was Marmite, is there a difference?) @ a team dinner once. I put it on a toothpick. it almost made me barf, lolol. but i guess it would be a lot better on buttered toast! lol XD

    aaaaand, i LOVE your story, Charlotte! :D
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete